Health Risk Assessments
Health Risk Assessment Registration
Registration closes March 11th for the 2016 Health Risk Assessments (HRA). Registration is now fully online and easier than ever! Watch the video or follow these easy step-by-step directions (PDF) to help you sign up through Cox Health Express.
Defining Health Risk Assessment
An HRA, or a Health Risk Assessment, is a tool that looks at a person's behaviors and health history in order to determine individual health. The tool evaluates not only specific measurements, but also measures health habits that can include:
- Emotional Health
- Environmental Safety
- Personal Habits
- Social Support
2 Part Assessment
The HRA will consist of 2 parts. A questionnaire and a physical screening which will include the following:
- Blood pressure (blood pressure cuff)
- Body Fat Percentage (measurement with hand held device)
- Body Mass Index (BMI) (a reading from your height and weight)
- Fasting Blood Work (blood draw with a needle that will assess cholesterol levels, glucose or blood sugar levels, and triglycerides or blood fats)
- Height (measurement with tape measure)
- Waist Circumference (measurement with tape measure)
- Weight (measurement with scale)
Importance of Health Risk Assessment
An HRA can increase a person's knowledge of their own health and provide them with a baseline of information to make informed decisions regarding their health. They are a benefit to City of Springfield employees as they are offered free of charge to the employee which saves costs incurred by visiting a physician for the same services. Additionally, the HRA will provide a snapshot of individual health information along with resources and tools to create a personal health plan.
Parks Family Center, Zoo Memberships, & inBalance 20% Discount Card
In order to establish eligibility or maintain current eligibility for a Parks Family Center Membership, Zoo FOZ Membership, or inBalance 20% Discount Card you must first complete 1 of the following each year:
- Participate in an annual HRA (provided free through inBalance).
- Submit a completed annual physical examination verification form (PDF).
We are proud to offer this great benefit to our employees. Keep an eye out for other great programs and services provided by inBalance in the future. Look for announcements on this website, by email, and on flyers posted in your department about monthly programs, classes, special topic presentations and other opportunities. Remember to always strive to stay inBalance!