The second annual MOmentum: State of the Workforce Luncheon was presented by the Workforce Development Board on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at the White River Conference Center at Bass Pro. Over 300 local workforce professionals were in attendance for the Director's Report on the State of the Workforce by Mary Ann Rojas followed by a panel of industry experts. The panel was moderated by Mike Peters, Mercy, and consisted of Andrew Hedgpeth, CoxHealth; Caleb Arthur, Missouri Sun Solar; Derick Barnes, Heavy Laborers Union; Greg Herren, Multi-Craft Contractors; Jason Klein, Association of Information Technology Professionals; and Lindsay Haymes, Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce.
"This year's survey reflects a continued upward trend in hiring and also presents opportunities for the regional partners to continue to work together to find ways to engage the workforce in meaningful career paths. We are especially encouraged by the employer engagement and their continued support and participation in finding ways to improve the quality of our workforce," stated Mary Ann Rojas, City of Springfield, Director of Department of Workforce Development.
- Download the Executive Summary of the State of the Workforce Survey. (PDF)
- Download the full results of the State of the Workforce Survey. (PDF)
- Download the Employer Comments from the State of the Workforce Survey. (PDF)
- Read the full event news release.
- View the MOmentum: State of the Workforce Presentation.
- View the entire MOmentum: State of the Workforce Event.