The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Program is an employment and education program operated by Preferred Family Healthcare, which serves young adults ages 14-24.
What We Offer
- Providing pre / post employment and training services for youth ages 14-24, including job-readiness activities, school presentations about labor market information, occupational skills training opportunities, mock-interviewing and resume building.
- Providing Work Experience Program opportunities within the local business communities to students with little or no job history in an effort to promote good work ethic and to teach employment soft skills.
- Working in partnership with the local Workforce community to address youth employment and educational barriers within the counties of Christian, Dallas, Greene, Polk, Stone, Taney and Webster.
- Great experiences working with a committed team of staff who will help you work to achieve your employment and educational goals!
- Meeting new people and participating in youth-focused fun events!
GED Class Schedules
- 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Work Experience Program for Youth
- A Work Experience Program (WEP) is available to youth that have never held employment or need to build employment history.
- College tuition assistance is available to those who qualify. Participation in this program is based on funding availability.
- Additional program supportive services relating to employment and education are available to youth in need.