Driving Programs - Probation
Young Traffic Offenders Program (YTOP)
The Young Traffic Offenders Program (YTOP) is an all-day program designed for young adults, age 16-24, which focuses on the realities of poor driving decisions and consequences associated with poor choices on the road. YTOP is held once a month on a Monday from 8:00am-3:30pm. This program is a joint effort between Mercy and Cox Hospitals. Participants must register in advance.
- Fee: $55.00
- Mercy at 417-820-7233 or mercy.net/YTOP
- Cox at 417-269-0920
Defensive Driving Course (DDC-8)
The Defensive Driving Program (DDC-8) is an 8-hour Driver Improvement Program the National Safety Council designed to help drivers choose safe, responsible, and lawful driving behaviors. DDC-8 is held once a month on a Saturday from 8am-5pm. Participants must register in advance. There are four providers listed.
- Traffic Safety Awareness Program at 417-732-2091 Fee $70.00
- Safety and Health Council of Western Missouri & Kansas www.shcmoks.com Use code 5829 to receive discount Fee $60.00
- Mercy at 417-820-7233 or mercy.net/DDC Fee $60.00
- Correction Services at 417-869-5161 Fee $60.00
Alive at 25
The Alive at 25 Course is a 4-hour National Safety Council program designed for young adults, age 15-25, that focuses on the dangers of distracted or impaired driving and safe/lawful driving choices. Multiple classes are offered each month. Participants must register in advance. There are two providers listed.
- Mercy at 417-820-7233 or mercy.net/alive No Charge
- Safety & Health Council of Western Missouri & Kansas www.shcmoks.com Fee $45.00
AARP Safe Driving Classes
The AARP Driver Safety Program is the nation's first and largest driver improvement course especially designed for individuals age 50 and older. During this four-hour class, drivers refine skills and develop safe, defensive driving techniques.
This program must be completed within 60 to120 days for sentencing.
- Fees: $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members
- Schedule: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. on the last Wednesday of each month; a one-day Saturday morning or Tuesday evening class is offered once a quarter. For a complete schedule visit mercy.net/senior-events and search for "AARP Safe Driving Classes" near the top of the page.
- Location: Mercy Smith Glynn Callaway Clinic, 3231 S National, Springfield, MO 65807
- Visit mercy.net/senior-events to register online and for more information, or call 417.841.0333.