Construction activities disturbing 1 acre or greater, or less than 1 acre when part of a larger common plan, require a Land Disturbance Permit (LDP) and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) approved by the city. You will need to:

  1. Write a SWPPP and design an erosion sediment control plan
  2. Pay the permit fee and escrow
  3. Attend a pre permit meeting/SWPPP training
  4. Install Best Management Practices (BMPs)
  5. Once BMPs are approved by city inspector, permit is issued and construction may begin

For more specifics, visit the LDP Issuance Checklist PDF.